Thursday, September 5, 2013

Disneyland Haul 2013

Now if memory serves me right, I wrote a post about how Disney had raised the prices for Disneyland to $92 bucks for a one day ticket. I also called them greedy little piggies (well I remember calling them greedy). That being said, I took another trip to Disneyland this year. I know I know, so of you might be calling me a hypocrite. But I never stated that I hated Disney nor their theme parks, I just said I didn't like how greedy they are. And I still haven't come to peace with the fact that they own Marvel. But I decided to take another Disneyland trip, this time with the goal to purchase some very specific things that honestly I should have picked up last year. If anyone (and I mean anyone) read my last post about The Lone Ranger, then by now you dear reader should know I'm a fan of the Lone Ranger. So, since the Lone Ranger is now Disney (sheesh) I knew they would have some Lone Ranger things at Disneyland. And they did. But I really wanted something bad! If fact it's the reason why I even went to Disneyland this year. I wanted to buy a couple of things from some of the attractions at the park, like the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. I'll stop talking now and let you see the cool things I bought (for the low price of $200!!!).

The first thing I got was this button, Why did I get it if I've been to Disneyland so many times? Well simply put I never got one. I got one this time. So ha! 
Then of course I had to pick up some treats! Not shown below are a churro I ate, this bread soup bowl, and Mickey ice cream bar. And lots of popcorn!

Mickey Mouse rice crispy treat. It was good!

Chocolate Caramel Popcorn. You find these at Main Street. Oddly this one wasn't as good as the others.

I gotta say I dig the vintage look for all the characters. This one's Goofy.


Can't visit Disneyland without buying candy. You just can't.

Now we get to the items!

Pirates of the Caribbean Davy Jones Key. If you guys have seen the Pirates of the Caribbean films, then you might recognize this little item. I thought it was cool so I bought it. 

Pirates of the Caribbean pin.
The Lone Ranger Texas Ranger badge. Yes folks they had some neat stuff in Frontier Land at Disneyland. Legos, and books and costumes for kids. All that interested me was this badge. Yer darn right I wear that there badge! 

 Of course I had to pick up as much Indiana Jones merchandise as I could afford! I don't know when I'll be back to get my hands on Indiana Jones items! So here are all things Indy! Starting with this Disneyland Exclusive:  Indiana Jones Temple of Doom figure. Stands 6 inches and looks a little odd. Not much Harrison Ford going on. But they way I have Disneyland Exclusive Indiana Jones figure with the jacket on.



I never had a good Indiana Jones shirt. Nor did I ever have a Indiana Jones film shirt. And it's my favorite film too! I had to get it.

Mickey Mouse as Indiana Jones: Baseball. Did I ever mention that I'm a baseball fan. I like baseball. I'm just not a sports buff. But I saw this and I said "Shut and take my money!" I actually really like it. It's one of my favorites things that I have bought. 


Mickey Mouse as Indiana Jones: Coin Bank. I thought this was really neat. Every college student needs a coin bank, There are times when change is the only money one has. Why not have this cool item sitting on you desk? 


One thing that I really like about this coin bank was that the crystal skull is a reference to another Disney character named Stitch. 

Indiana Jones fedora: Car Antenna Topper. Why not? But I won't put it on my car. I just put it on my pencils.
Indiana Jones fedora. The main thing. The only reason why I went to Disneyland this year. I had to get myself an Indy hat. I had to. I wear this hat 85% of the time. I love it. Indy buff will notice that this is not an exact Indy hat. That's but the hat I purchased is slightly different. The ones they sell that really look like the actual Indy fedora are different. Long story short, they didn't have my size (extra large. I have a big brain.) So I got this one instead. Looks almost like the fedora Indy uses, right?

It's an official Indiana Jones fedora!

OFFICIAL!

 Folks all of the items you see above are all expensive. Hell, it's Disneyland! An apple is about $5! Just one! Like I said before, Disney is getting way too greedy and way to expensive. That doesn't mean I don't like them, but I don't like them as much as I did. When well I go back to Disneyland? I don't know. Might a long time, it might not be. The point is this. Disney shouldn't be so pricey. Disneyland is awesome and even some of the films they did. But why pay $100 just to see a giant mouse running around a castle?


1 comment: